American Companies, Directory
Note: The American Cultural Resource Firms list consists of mid-sized to large archaeological contract firms, who have a regular, although inconstant need for field and laboratory technicians. The purpose of the list is to allow field technicians to network with these firms, and keep abreast of the contracts available. Many of these firms work is several states or regions.
By adding their name to the list, none of the firms promise that they presently or at any particular time have a field or laboratory position open. Further, listing of these firms does not imply an endorsement by About.com or your guide.
- American Resources Group, Inc., Carbondale IL. Work in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri and Nebraska.
- Brockington and Associates. Main office in Norcross, GA; other offices in Savannah GA, Jacksonville FL, Charleston SC, Pensacola FL, Elizabethtown KY, Seattle WA.
- Cultural Resource Analysts, Inc.. Offices in Lexington KY, Hurricane WV, and Longmont CO. Work in Kentucky and West Virginia, but also Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Tennessee and Virginia.
- Dovetail Cultural Resource Group. Office in Fredericksburg VA, work in Mid-Atlantic region, including Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and Ohio.
- EMH&T, Inc, Archaeological Division. Offices in Columbus OH, Cincinnati OH, Indianapolis IN, and Charlotte NC. Work in Ohio
- Iowa Office of the State Archaeologist. Office in Iowa City IA. Work in Iowa and adjacent states.
- Iowa State University Archaeological Laboratory. Office in Ames IA. Work in Iowa, surrounding states.
- The Louis Berger Group, Inc.. Main office in East Orange NJ, regional offices throughout the US. Work in Delaware, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Iowa, New Mexico, and surrounding states
- Markman Archaeology and History. Office in St. Louis, MO. Work in Illinois, Missouri, neighboring states
- Prairie Archaeology & Research. Office in Springfield IL. Work from Illinois to Wisconsin, Indiana, and Missouri.
- Prewitt and Associates, Inc.. Office in Austin TX. Work primarily in Texas
- Public Archaeology Laboratory. Office in Pawtucket RI. Work in Northeastern US, New York, New Jersey as well as misc other areas and states, Kansas, South Dakota, and Puerto Rico
- R. Christopher Goodwin and Associates. Offices in New Orleans, LA, Frederick, MD, and Lawrence, KS. Work throughout the eastern United States
- SWCA Environmental Consultants. Offices throughout the western US. Predominantly work in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, and Nevada.